In order to create natural looking lips, the physician must follow certain rules:
- Use only temporary fillers, such as Restylane/Juviderm.
- Use moderation in the amount of filler.
- Avoid augmenting the upper lip if the bony maxilla is prominent.
- The filler should preserve the “M” shape of the upper lip.
- The lower lip should be larger than the upper lip.
- Avoid filling the lower lip if the chin is weak.
- If the lips are wide, the filler should be injected more towards the center of the lips, and avoid the sides.
- Sometimes, all you need is to fill the groove just next to the vermilion.
- Filler must be injected on sterile surfaces. No exceptions.
- Patient should avoid lipstick for 1 day after treatment.
Related Cosmetic Proceduresfillers, lips